Even though the standstill situation created by COVID-19 pandemic passes almost 4 months yet no notable progress is being noticed in combating the virus infection in the country. Rather, while making use of the stagnant situation created out of the virus infection, the evil acts, irregularities, corruption, forgery and abuse of power by various quarters of vested interests already lying inside the government and under its safe shelter seem to have taken reckless form to further extent.
Under this circumstance, as the situation of Chittagong Hill Tracts (CHT) has become more concern worthy, so distressing is the holistic condition of the indigenous people living therein. The CHT region, for being one of the most militarized and army-controlled regions of the world and the country as well, the rights of the Jumma people always remain trampled down with the democracy jeopardized all along. The socio-economic life of the Jumma people has been passing all the more in uncertainty and disasters due to oppressive military rule over the four and a half decades associated with massive plundering of the quarters of vested interests and for being under aggression of the infiltrating Muslim Bengali settlers coming from outside. The security, human rights, democratic governance and right to self-determination of the indigenous Jumma people have always been trodden down and hijacked under the colonial rule, exploitation and deprivation of the successive regimes that come to power one after another. Consequently, the indigenous Jumma people of CHT are being obliged to live as a marginalized group of peoples all along.
In 1997, even though there has been a tiny ray of hope for establishing peace and progress and rights of the Jumma people in CHT with signing of the CHT Accord, the Accord, for not being implemented, it has become a far-flung matter. It is due to not being the CHT Accord implemented even after 23 years and in addition, for anti-accord stand of the government alongside, the rights and lifestyle of the indigenous Jumma people has landed in danger. As the days pass on, imposition of conspiracy, deception, suppression, oppression, discrimination, injustice, aggression and barbarity on part of the government and state forces is getting appeared to be more formidable and disastrous than that of the COVID-19 pandemic. The situation of CHT has turned complicated and that the Jumma national entity and entity of birth land are gradually rolling towards extinction.
The government has kept the implementation process of the Accord in total closure since long and not only so but also has been executing its conspiring designs against implementation of the Accord by commissioning various state forces and quarters of vested interest lying in the government and communal forces including the army and Directorate General of Field Intelligence (DGFI). The government itself and the state forces have been violating the CHT Regional Council Act and three Hill District Council Act formulated in consistence with the terms and in light of the CHT Accord at every step. In recent days, in one end, as the atrocities and persecution of the state forces have got aggressive so have got increased the terror, extortion and kidnapping trade widely by the army-backed Reformists and UPDF (Democratic) armed terrorists, on the other and the gravity is so much so that there has given rise an allegation that a handsome amount of extortion regularly travels to the pocket of the army and DGFI officials.
In recent days, in the name of establishment and expansion of army and BGB camps, with active support of the state forces, illegal occupation of lands afresh and efforts for illegal land occupation have got accelerated at an alarming state. Alongside, illegal purchasing of lands, forcible occupation of lands, cutting hills and various destructive activities of forests and natural resources by the various outsiders and companies and even the individuals holding responsible posts in the state machineries, are being carried out unabatedly under eyes of the administration. All the concerned seems to have gone mad with the festivity of occupying hills and eviction of the Jumma people. Despite being so, it is due to militarized reality in the hills and situation of the COVID-19 pandemic, there is none to protest, express opinion or hold protest rally against such organized violations.
In July 2020, it is by the army and police forces got killed 1 Jumma woman while 1 child wounded, arrested and held 16 persons, unjustly removed 1 person from job and 1 person got harassed for nothing. Besides, searching houses and extending support to the Reformists and UPDF (Democratic) in terrorist acts has remained unrestricted. On the other hand, while violating the Accord, the process of occupying lands of the Jumma people on plea of establishing new camps, and expansion of camps for the army and BGB has got increased. Allegations available in the month of July reveal that some 33 acres of recorded lands of 23 Jumma men have been attempted to occupy by the BGB while including a fish pond and hill lands of 10 Jumma men have been being conspired to occupy by the army.
On the other side, as a part of anti-Accord and anti-interest of the Jumma conspiracy, terrorist activities of the Reformists and UPDF (Democratic) terrorists have remained uninterrupted as it has been earlier and the trend is rather getting heightened day by day. It is the army, itself, provides own vehicles and escorts these terrorist elements in one place to another in the areas of Rangamati and Bandarban hill districts to expand their catchment areas. In July 2020, it is by these armed terrorists, injured 2 persons, kidnapped 9 persons and ransom realized from them, false cases filed against 21 persons, 8 persons threatened and compelled to flee from their areas, 6 houses searched, 1 person beaten up and plundered 2 houses.
Indeed, it can safely be concluded that it is for not having the Accord implemented even after 23 years and for the government and state force-sponsored programs that stand counter-productive to the CHT Accord and interest of the Jumma people, this kind of reckless and anarchism has got created in the CHT. If this persists on, it can be asserted that the situation will soon spur towards the worse.
Atrocities by the security forces
In July 2020, 1 person was shot dead, 1 child was injured, 16 persons were detained and arrested, 2 persons were harassed, 1 Jumma youth was removed from the military job by the army and police, and there were incidents of continued support by military to the Reformist and UPDF (Democratic) terrorists for conducting terrorist activities, house searches, etc.
|Sl.||Date||Perpetrators||Description of the incident|
|1.||01 July 2020 at 2:30 pm||A group of Captain Ahsan of Panchhari zone||Three people named Pradipmoy Chakma (45) of Jaduganala in Mahalchhari, Montu Chakma alias Sushil (45) of Baburo Para in Panchhari and Sushil Gurilal Chakma Koin (35) of Akkhyong Para of Panchari were arrested.|
|2.||6 July 2020, at around 12:00 noon||A group of army from Jibatali 7-R camp||The army checked every boat and boat passengers including Nipa Chakma (32), a female member, in the surrounding lake area of Panchhari Hospital Dokanghat of Jibatali Union. After that, they harassed the general public at Dogeiya Para adjacent to the Natun Bazar of Mogban Union by checking in the same manner.|
|3.||8 July 2020||Bangladesh army||Sudipta Chakma, a soldier of the 2020/2nd batch of the army, was allegedly removed from the military job on the pretext of being his father a member of PCJSS in Gulshakhali union of Longadu upazila under Rangamati district. On 01 July, the army handed over Sudipta Chakma to Dhiman Chakma as the guardian of the soldier.|
|4.||8 July 2020 at around 1:30 pm||A group of Bangladesh army||Army raided the Uji Headman Para of Kuhalang Union in Bandarban Sadar Upazila and arrested an innocent buke driver named Sumon Marma.|
|5.||9 July 2020 at around 2:00 pm||A group of Bangladesh Army||Army cordoned off the house of Manshaisai Marma, yputh and student affairs secretary of PCJSS of Bandarban Sadar Upazila Branch at Baghmara Headman Para in Rajvila Union of the Upazila. When he was not found, the army harassed and threatened his family members in various ways.|
|6.||10 July 2020 at 10 pm||A group of army from Rowangchari camp||Army allegedly shot dead a Jumma woman named Shantilata Tanchangya (30) and injured her 5-year-old son Arjun Tanchangya Suken in a indiscriminate firing in the name of catching a terrorist in Angyapara village of Rowangchhari Upazila.|
|7.||10 July 2020 at the night||A group of army from Rowangchari camp||Army detained four innocent Jummas including a student from Angyapara in Rowangchhari Upazila Sadar. The arrested Jummas are- Monghainu Marma (19), a student; Whaising Marma (28), CNG driver; Nuchsing Marma (30), farmer; and Chingampru Marma (18), a student of Lalmatia College.|
|8.||11 July 2020 in the morning||A group of army personnel||Army arrested innocent Sushanta Chakma (40) from Jogesh Karbari Para in Rajvila Union of Bandarban Sadar Upazila. Army then falsely implicated him in the Baghmara murder case and sent him to jail. Army also arrested Sempru Marma, an elected member of Ward No. 7 of Rajvila Union. However, he was released in the next morning, 12 July.|
|9.||11 July 2020 at 11 am||Bangladesh Army||Army arrested three persons named Narmya Chakma (42) and Milon Dhan Chakma (35) of Goiya Para and Indra Chakma (28) of Kalapani village in Patachara union of Ramgarh upazila putting 2 country-made guns and receipts of extortion with them.|
|10.||14 July 2020||Intelligence and armed forces||Intelligence forces and army arrested Ujjwal Chakma, 40, from KK Roy Road of Rangamati at around 1:30 pm and Roman Kanti Talukder alias Nikhil, 56, from his house at Montala Adam in Vedvedi area of Rangamati town at around 12 noon. They were later implicated in a false case and sent to Rangamati Jail.|
|11.||29 July 2020 in the morning||Police and Reformist terrorists||Instead of arresting Reformist terrorists involved in the armed attack in Laxmichhari, police arrested Usha Marma (26) while he was undergoing treatment for injuries sustained by the gun attack of terrorists. Earlier, on 18 July, Usha Marma was injured on the spot when army-backed Reformist terrorists attacked and fired indiscriminately on him at Tontula Para in Laxmichhari Sadar Union.|
Land Confiscation and eviction of Jumma people by the army
In July 2020, in the name of setting up and expanding the camp, the BGB have been accused of grabbing around 33 acres land of at least 23 Jumma people and the army have been accused of grabbing a fishing farm pond of a Jumma villager and lands of 9 Jumma villagers.
- Naikhyangchhari: The BGB led by Nayek Subedar Alamgir of Painchhari BOP Camp under 11th BGB Battalion in Dochhari Union of Naikhyongchhari Upazila of Bandarban District have been accused of illegally occupying 8.0 acres of land in the name of setting up an alternative Painchhari BGB camp. Subedar Alamgir has already ordered the landowners to put signatures and finger print on white paper and threatened them while the landowners refused to put signature. The 8.0 (eight) acre of land is said to have been settled in the name of 5 sons of Boukhyan Marma. Landowners have planted teak, mango, lemon, tamarind, banana, papaya and other orchards over the years. On 01 July 2020, some villagers of Painchhari Ukazai Headman Para, including Torgu Mouza Headman Mongpu Marma and Dochhari Mouza Headman Shwe Nue Marma, submitted application to the Chairman of CHT Regional Council, Chairman of Bandarban Hill District Council, CHT Affairs Minister and Home Minister seeking redress the matter.
- Longadu: In order to turn the existing “Rangipara Helipad CIO BGB Camp” into a sub-zone BGB camp in Bagachatar union of Longadu upazila under Rangamati district, it has been alleged that the Rajnagar BGB zone of 37 battalion has taken initiative to occupy around 35 acres of land. According to local sources, after the zone commander Lt. Col. Nazmul Farhad visited the camp on 15 July 2020, an attempt was made to occupy the lands and land owners both Jumma and settler were banned from carrying out any activities on this land.
The landowners whose land have been occupied in the name of expansion of BGB camps are 1. Shukra Moni Chakma, son of Paisa Ram Chakma, 3.0 acres of land; 2. Bipin Mohan Chakma, son of Din Moni Chakma, 2.0 acres of land; 3. Sumati Kumar Chakma, son of Chikon Moni Chakma, 3.0 acres of land; 4. Kandara Chakma, son of Sappe Chakma, 0.80 acres of land; 5. Shashi Moni Chakma, son of Paisa Ram Chakma, 3.0 acres of land; 6. Kishta Lochan Chakma, son of Kamini Dhan Chakma, 3.0 acres of land; 7. Giri Ranjan Chakma, son of Shishu Chandra Chakma, 3.0 acres of land; 8. Ramesh Chandra Chakma, son of Janmajay Chakma, 3.00 acres of land; 9. Tapraya Chakma, son of Kalauda Chakma, 2.3 acres of land; 10. Kalpataru Chakma, son of Darbajja Chakma, 2.0 acres of land; 11. Chandrarekha Chakma, d/o Nila Ranjan Chakma, 1.4 acres of land. In addition, there are land belonging to 6/7 more people under occupation which have not yet been settled or are in the process of being settled due to the prevailing situation.
- Baghaichhari: It has been alleged that the Engineering Construction Battalion (ECB) of the army has taken possession of the fish farming pond of Rupayan Chakma (35), a resident of Para No. 9 of Sajek Union of Baghaichhari upazila under Rangamati district. It is learnt that he was called to the camp on 17 July 2020 and his signature/finger print was taken on white paper for acquiring his fish farming pond. Earlier, at the end of last year, Rupayan Chakma was evicted after occupying 5.0 acres of his land and an ECB camp was set up there. At that time, Subedar Mumtaz, who was in charge of the ECB camp of the army, promised the owner of the land to dig a pond suitable for fish farming. In accordance with that promise, Subedar Mumtaz dug a pond adjacent to the camp for the owner of the land (Rupayan Chakma). But after transfer of Subedar Mumtaz, Captain Md. Tahir, who is currently in charge of the camp, took possession of his fishing pond from Rupayan Chakma taking his signature forcefully in front of the local Karbari Alo Bikash Chakma.
- Belaichhari: It has been alleged that the Belaichhari army zone in Belaichhari Upazila of Rangamati district has been pressurizing 9 Jumma families to sell their land and leave the village for expansion of camps and construction of roads. The lands that the army is pressuring local Jumma villagers to give up and sell include homesteads, pig farm and fringeland of Jumma people. On 15 July 2020, a group of army of Bilaichhari zone visited the house of Alok Jyoti Chakma (40), a resident of Ward No. 4 of Bilachhari Sadar Union No. 1 and instructed Alok Jyoti Chakma to immediately clean the pig rearing place adjacent to his house. Army also said they would need land and asked him to leave the place to build a bridge for transportation of their army zone. Then on 16 July 2020, the army called Alok Jyoti Chakma and his cousin Uttam Chakma (48) to the Bilachhari army zone and offered to sell their land for the construction of roads in the army zone. It is learnt that the army also summoned former vice chairman of Bilaichhari Upazila Parishad Amritasen Tanchangya to Bilaichhari army zone and his relatives and instructed them to sell their land for expansion of their camp.
The Jumma villagers who have been pressured by the military to sell their land are: Secretary of Bilaichhari Union Anil Kanti Tanchangya (52), son of late Hirot Moni Tanchangya; Shantimoy Chakma alias Dunchai (48), son of Goukul Chandra Chakma; Birik Kumar Tanchangya (42), son of Rangabicha Tanchangya; Bashundhara Chakma (45), wife of Rabindranath Tanchangya; Rangabi Chakma (30); Jyotipal Bhikkhu (26), son Barun Chakma (Karbari); Shanta Tanchangya (35). The owners have a homestead and a pig rearing farm in the area.
Occupation of aand of 1 person and conspiracy of grabbing land of 2 people by Muslim settlers
- Lama: On 2 July 2020, a settler named Jalal Ahmed occupied the land belonging to a Jumma named Pitor Tripura in Kattali Para of Ward No. 5 of Aziznagar Union in Lama Upazila of Bandarban District. On 16 June 2020 a gang of the settler Jalal Ahmed led by his representative Md. Jahangir along with three women came to plant the seedlings by occupying the land of Pitor Tripura. After receiving the news, while Pitor Tripura, the real owner of the land, obstructed to do so, the settlers threatened him. Later, the plaintiffs appealed to the chairman of the union council for justice. It is learnt that the settler Aziz and his associates have been threatening the plaintiff with death to withdraw the application.
- Longadu: It has been alleged that Muslim settlers are trying to grab another 3.0 acres of land of a Jumma villager in Bagachatar union of Longadu upazila under Rangamati district. For this reason, Muslim settlers forcibly cleared the jungle in the occupied land of that Jumma and threatened and insulted the owner of the land while they tried to oppose settlers. On 11 July 2020, at around 8:00 am, a group of 5-6 Muslim settlers led by Md. Nazrul Islam alias Sentu, a member of Ward No. 6 of Bagachatar Union, cleared the jungle of the land owned by Mahendra Chakma for grabbing the land at Ranjit Para village under Petanyamachhara Mouza.
When the owner of the land, Mahendra Chakma, tried to stop him from clearing the jungle, the UP member Md. Nazrul Islam alias Sentu Ulto insulted and threatened Mahendra Chakma in vulgar language and claimed the land as his own. It is learnt that the owner of the land Mahendra Chakma and the neighbors have informed the concerned headman Newton Chakma about the matter.
- Panchhari: On 26 July 2020 at 10 am, a group of BGB members led by the commander of the BGB Jharna Tila camp at Moratila in Panchhari upazila of Khagrachhari and the Bengali settlers led by Abdul Motaleb, a fish trader, cut down and pulled up the banana trees planted by Deba Ranjan Tripura. Late last month, Md. Anwar and Md. Abdul Motaleb gang cut down teak trees planted by Daba Ranjan Tripura five years ago and planted mango saplings there in order to occupy 5.0 acres of land owned by Daba Ranjan. It is believed that the BGB and the settlers are carrying out these misdeeds with the intention of evicting Deba Ranjan Tripura’s family and grabbing his land. Locals said that apart from land of Deba Ranjan Tripura, the Bengali settlers have already occupied hundreds of acres of hilly land in the Maratila area.
Environmental destructive activities by outsiders
- Cutting of hills in Lama: On 26 July 2020, allegations of destroying the environment, violating the law and cutting down the hills with excavators to build roads have been received in Lama Upazila of Bandarban. Already 7/8 of the hills have been cut. Although the hills were cut down by a company called “Homeland Planters” for about a month, no one in the administration claimed to know about it. It can be said that the administration is playing a passive role. Locals have complained that not only in Lama Upazila, but also in Alikadam and Naikhyangchhari Upazilas, rubber plantation companies and outsider influential persons have been cutting down hills for a long time to make roads easier to transport goods.
- Land purchase and hill cutting by UNO in Ramgarh: Upazila Nirbahi Officer (UNO) of Ramgarh Upazila of Khagrachhari district ANM Badruddauja has been accused of purchasing hilly land in violation of CHT Regional Council Act and Hill District Council Act. In addition, a wide road has been constructed by cutting a huge hill with a excavator in violation of the Environment Conservation Act to facilitate the entry of vehicles on the purchased land. Besides, free solar street lights provided by the government for the people of remote areas have also been used there. According to the CHT Accord, no one can buy land except the permanent residents of the three hill districts. Despite such a provision, UNO ANM Badruddauja purchased about 18 acres of land in the name of the members of a committee of Comilla headed by him.
On 22 July 2020 at 3:00 am, miscreants hacked to injuries Bodhibriksha Shraman, 55, a Buddhist monk of Dokhaiya Dharamsala Bana Bihar in Rupkari Union under Baghaichhari upazila of Rangamati district. He lived alone in the temple. At that time, the miscreants broke the lock of the donation box in the temple and looted Tk. approximately 50,000, said Samar Bijay Chakma, a member of Rupkari Union. Later, the locals rescued Bhante in a critical condition and admitted him to the Upazila Health Complex.
Activities of army-backed armed groups
In July 2020, 2 people were injured, 9 persons were abducted and ransom was collected from them, 21 were falsely charged, 8 were threatened and compelled to flee from their areas, 6 houses were searched, 1 person was beaten and 2 houses were looted by army-backed Reformist and UPDF (Democratic) terrorists.
Description of the incident
|1.||30 June 2020||
UPDF-Democratic armed terrorists
The terrorists abducted three innocent Jummas named Chikko Chakma (55), Pulin Bihari Chakma (40) and Shanti Bikash Chakma from Nalbania village in Khedarmara union of Baghaichhari upazila. On the same day, they were released on the charge of local Union Parishad member Alinda Chakma and a guardian.
|2.||01 July 2020 at around 9pm||Reformist armed terrorists||
Niketan Chakma, 26, was abducted at gunpoint from his home in Lalayaghona village in Baghaichhari. After being beaten inhumanely, Niketan Chakma was released in exchange for a ransom of Tk 230,000.
|3.||01 July 2020||UPDF (Democratic) terrorists by Asim Chakma||
Terrorists held a meeting with the villagers and elders of Nalbania, Silebachhara and Debachhari villages at Duikilo in Baghaichhari upazila. At the meeting, they fined Nalbania villagers Tk 50,000, Silhabachhara villagers Tk 10,000 and Debachhari villagers Tk 10,000.
|4.||3 July 2020 at 10:30 am||Reformist armed miscreants||
Bidyasagar Chakma (32), a resident of Dighalchhari area of Bilachhari upazila, was called to Jibtali-Chairman Para of Rangamati Sadar Upazila and tortured inhumanely. After the torture, the terrorists kept him under house arrest at the house of Nirmal Chakma in Jibatali-Chairman Para.
|5.||4 July 2020, at 11 am||Reformist and UPDF (Democratic) terrorists||
Two youths named Dibas Chakma (28) and Bhikkhu Chakma (27) were abducted from Babuchara area of Dighinala upazila. Dibas Chakma was released on 5 July in exchange for a ransom of Tk 480,000 and Bhikkhu Chakma was released on 11 July in exchange for a ransom of Tk 270,000 after being beaten inhumanely and their mobile phone were snatched.
|6.||July 2020||Reformist and UPDF-Democratic terrorists||
Terrorists started extortion by opening two collection posts near the house of Adhir Chakma and Jagdish Chakma in Jibatali-Chairman Para of Jibatali Union in Rangamati Sadar Upazila. Adhir Chakma’s house is about 1.5 km north of Jibtali Ansar Camp and Jibtali army Camp. On the other hand, the distance from Jagadish Chakma’s house to Jibtali Ansar camp is about two kilometers east. But despite this, the terrorists are openly extorting money at the behest of the army.
|7.||7 July 2020||Ubamong Marma, GS, Bandarban district branch of Reformists||
Ubamong filed a fabricated case against 10 members of PCJSS and associate organizations in connection with the murder of Baghmara with Bandarban police station. Besides, 10 unidentified persons have been accused in the case. The 10 accused are- Apai Marma (38), Amprue Marma (45), Binoy Lal Chakma (45), Nirekta Chakma (50), Mongprue Marma (48), Shanti Bikash Chakma (38), Jarip Kumar. Tanchangya (50), Mongshwesa Marma (40), Usainu Marma (38) and Sumon Chakma (35).
|8.||10 July 2020 at 10:30 pm||UPDF (Democratic) terrorists||
If failed to surrender to the terrorists, Sonaram Chakma, student and youth affairs secretary of the Jibtali Union Committee of PCJSS, and Sonaram Chakma and her son Ripon Chakma were threatened on the phone to falsely implicate in six murder cases of Baghmara.
|9.||15 July 2020 at around 6 pm||A group of Reformist terrorists||
Terrorists raided Harikshyang village in Balukhali Union of Rangamati Sadar Upazila and searched seven Jumma houses of Sujoy Chakma alias Timir (48), Tilak Chandra Chakma (41), Joy Kumar Chakma alias Abikal (44), 4. Samar Vijay Chakma (36), Kanu Chakma (50) and Shashimoy Chakma (36). Terrorists also threatened the people of the house and snatched mobile phone from a villager.
|10.||18 July 2020 at around 12 noon||UPDF (Democratic) terrorists||
The houses of member of PCJSS of Rangamati Sadar Thana branch Sonaram Chakma, 55, and GS of Jibatali Union Committee Sonamni Chakma, 35, were locked. The terrorists also closed down a grocery shop near Sonamani Chakma’s house and took away the goods from the shop.
|11.||18 July 2020 at 8 am||Reformist and UPDF-Democratic terrorists||
A Jumma youth named Usha Marma (26) was shot to seriously injuries in a firing by the terrorists at Tontula Para in Sadar Union of Laxichhari Upazila under Khagrachhari district.
|12.||20 June 2020, at around 11 am||Reformist terrorist||
Terrorist abducted 3 Jummas, including a woman, from Longadu Sadar Upazila area of Rangamati district. However, under pressure from the people and in exchange for ransom, the abductees were later released. The abductees are- Ripon Chakma (30) of Rangipara, Mintu Chakma of Ranjit Para and Mrs. Natuna Chakma (female Karbari) of Chiberega village.
22 July 2020
Reformist terrorist Sujoy Chakma (23)
Sujoy Chakma, who was injured in an internal clash, filed a false case against 11 members of PCJSS including 6/7 unknown persons. The persons accused in the false case are- GS of Longadu Thana Committee of PCJSS Moni Shankar Chakma (48), Student and Youth Affairs Secretary Josho Chakma (43), Longadu Thana Committee Member Milon Chakma (40), Rupen Chakma (35), Kajal Bikash Chakma (25), Bablu Moni Chakma (26), Ayontimoy Chakma (Member) (48), Arjan Chakma (26), Rommel Chakma (25), Chakolo Chakma and Sappo Kala Chakma. On the night of 15 July, Sujoy Chakma was shot by his two colleagues at Kathaltali in Longadu Upazila Sadar and the perpetrators fled scene along with arms after the incident.
|14.||31 July 2020, at 7:30 pm||Reformist terrorists of Matiranga||
Terrorists abducted Shashank Dhamai (73) from Bailyachhari village in Guimara union of Guimara upazila of Khagrachari. The abducted person is the father of prominent human rights activist and expert member of the EMRIP of the UN Binota Moy Dhamai. Terrorists demanded Tk. two lakh from him. Some army members were also seen in the office of the terrorists while depositing Tk. 50,000. The terrorists threatened to kill him and one of his sons if the abduction was leaked.
………….. ………….. ………….. ………….. ………….. ………….. ………….. ………….. ………….. …..
This report has been published and circulated by Information and Publicity Department of Parbatya Chattagram Jana Smahati Samiti (PCJSS) from its Central Office, Kalyanpur, Rangamati, Chittagong Hill Tracts.